A resolution, though... To buy less Transformers. I'm going to Singapore in a month's time and already I'm coming back with Lord Scorpion, Rioter Despotoron and CW Scrounge + Accessories. I need to be saving my pennies for other things. Like helping to bring the little collecting artifact from Singapore to this country a bit more permanently...
* We'll see at least one Pretenders-themed thing as Hasbro continue to homage the good stuff * Prime Wars will be announced and will be crushingly disappointing * We'll see a Titan class Scorponok remolded from Trypticon * The new Transformers cartoon will be movie based and will be somehow even worse and less vital than what they have at the moment. * We'll see a set of proper Headmaster JRs (not just the heads, like they've done with some guys who were first released as just heads, like Brawn)
The main line getting the same level of engineering resources as Generations on a line-wide basis.
Generations getting consistent UK-wide distribution, and preferably similar distribution to the main line.
Pick up a few more of the nuRiD Decepticons, because they are fantastically fun ideas and because I should put my money where my mouth is when it comes to supporting new characters.
Go back through my existing collection with a much more stringent application of my "one version of a character, one version of a mould" rule and fewer exceptions being made. (I have discovered this week that I _still_ have four different versions of the "The Transformers" Starscream. *facepalms* This needs to change).
- Transformers 5 will come out, everybody will moan about it being awful, and more of the same and how much they hate it. But will still have paid to go to the cinema to see it, thus confirming to Hasbro and the studios that this is what they want to see and ensuring that the movies will continue in that vein.
- Rescue Bots toys will remain on the shelves, and continue to sell steadily. Transformers fandom will still stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the success of this branch of the franchise.
- I will end up the owner of a Titans Return Blackshadow, but not his Overlord repaint or any hypothetical Thunderwing
Expectations(not reasoned predictions, more things that my gut says):
- Following the release of Transformers 5 Hasbro will manage to get something else of their "cinematic universe" actually into pre-production and on a release slate.
- IDW will therefore be asked to adjust their comics to better tie-in with the plans for the cinematic universe. This will be the triggering event for path to the inevitable status-quo reset to "Optimus Prime leads the Autobots to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons".
- As a corollary of the above, James Roberts' will put the end-game pieces for Lost Light on the board and we will get an indication of how much longer this will run.
A continuation of Generations. Keep the good figures coming, Headmasters isn't my thing, but the figures all look excellent. I like the Legends sized figures. More Prowls. Lots of Prowls. Omega Supreme. A Double-Titan scale Unicron....
I hope Masterpiece reverts back to 'Ultimate G1 version' rather than this 'Mega-Sunbow-Tastic' style. If it doesn't... I'm out.
Masterpiece will keep going down it's 'Mega-Sunbow-tastic' style. In which case... I'm out.
None really, my buying is well under control, so keep up to that.
I was the one who let you know, I was your sorry ever after, '84, '85. Give me new toys and I'll decide, but I'm really only after, '84, '85.
Nightbeat from Chromedome Siren from Chromedome Minerva from Chromdome Go Shooter from Chromedome
Fastlane & Cloudraker from Blurr & Brainstorm Pounce & Wingspan from Twinferno
Fangry from Twinferno
Frenzy from Rumble - hopeful of this from Takara since he was in the Soundwave comic Efect from Rewind Steeljaw, in proper colours - hopeful of Takara doing this paired with the Leone head Cliffjumper & Goldbug from Bumblebee
That the boxset rumours aren't true
Green/Brown Hasbro CW Blast Off Space Shuttle
Last Knight to be rubbish Last Knight toys to be rubbish Some decent repaints in TLK exclusives
Several original Head & Targetmaster to miss out on the Titans Return trestment
To Own God Neptune again To Own more than one Dinobot To get at least one of the Micromaster Combiner Transports I need To finish my Minibots (probably involving TFC 12)
I predict King Arthur, Merlin, Churchill and Hitler 'Last Knight' figures to come into existence in some market somewhere. I also predict that Andu and I will own them.
Man, I am betting that all the crazy stuff about Merlin and Hitler will just be in the pre-title sequence, and the rest of the film will be some sort of dreary retread of the other films, rather than an insane quest through time!
Have there been leaks recently? I thought they had been shut down. Certainly Transmissions, who had a reliable and consistent leak, haven't had any info from that source for as long as I can remember. All we see now is finished packaged products, presumably by people watching them come off the production line.
I still hear the odd bit here and there but much reduced from this time last year and Im not sure when the last thing was. I think the leak is still there but those involved aren't broadcasting the news anymore. It might be still being shared amongst some circles and occasionally makes it out to the wider fandom.
I'm highly suspicious about some of the stuff down the back end of the rumours list, box sets especially, and was a little surprised when Chase came true! I suspect their may have been fed a few porkies to ferret him out.
That is fairly standard tradecraft in a mole-hunt, so I wouldn't be at all surprised. Heh. Now I am imagining the Hasbro equivalent of George Smiley being called into his bosses office to be put in charge of finding the traitor... :-)
I realised looking back that I didn't get as far as doing this last year. So here's mine:
HOPES Hasbro continue to use Generations to provide updates for as many 84-87 G1 toys as possible. The MP Coneheads are reissued through some avenue that makes them cheaper (Like the impending Starscream one at £110). Trypticon isn't a disappointment. Takara throw another MP curveball like Shockwave/Megatron and do Astrotrain, Blitzwing or Springer.
PREDICTIONS Last Knight won't impact on the toy release pattern for Generations. Last Knight will be better than AoE. Main Wave One Power of the Primes reveals at Hascon in September with a taster at SDCC. TR will have six retail waves like CW and will finish in the late August release slot. There will be a couple of repaint/new head boxsets for TR in the autumn run up to Christmas. Power of the Primes toys will start to appear in the early December release slot. MP Trailbreaker. Unite Warriors won't end with Baldigus.
RESOLUTIONS Target toy buying rather than buying entire waves without thinking (started this). Don't cave in and subscribe to the comic partwork. Re-read IDW from the start and get up to date (third or possibly fourth year in a row I've put this). Write some fiction as well as the ongoing factual stuff. Get caught up with the 'How Many XYZ' thread before it reaches week 100. Combine Toyworld Devastator.
Last Edit: Jan 14, 2017 20:37:23 GMT by Pinwig: Unite Warriors add. Forgot that.