Surprisingly this actually appears to be a fairly well thought out plan by FP standards. Maybe thats because its something that so many have been asking for in one form or another for ages.
The price of $285 for 6 figures (before shipping) seems reasonable (sort of) Â£32 each for 5 deluxes and Ultra Mammoth which is bordering on modern leader class.
Of course no shipping prices yet.
Below are the rules, with a few of FP usual randomness mixed in. Number 5 is well, optimistic.
The launch of the Transformers Collectorsâ€™ Club Figure Subscription Service is imminent; we will notify you of the link when we make the service active. While we are loading the final details, here are some things to remember:
1. You must be a member of the Transformers Collectorsâ€™ Club to take advantage of the Figure Subscription Service.
2. There is NO reason to rush the site or be in a hurry as this is a build to order system. We will build as many as you order, so we cannot run out. YOU CAN ORDER AS MANY AS YOU WANT, there is no limit.
3. What you do need to be concerned about is the closing date of the subscription service, which ENDS on September 10th at midnight.
4. You can either pay In Full or by Installment. There will be 3 installments. When you subscribe and choose pay by Installment, you will be billed for the first two monthsâ€™ shipments. Then sometime during the second month, you will be billed for the 3rd and 4th monthsâ€™ shipments and sometime during the 4th month you will be billed for the final 2 monthsâ€™ shipments.
5. The figures will be shipped in random order. All members receive the same figures each month. The figure pairings will not be preannounced. So if you donâ€™t mind, when you get your shipment each month, PLEASE do not go online and tell what you received. We want each shipment to be a surprise for as many members as possible.
6. The cost is $282 if Paid In Full (plus shipping) or three Installments of $94 (plus shipping). Please note that there is a $3 online processing fee for each billing. We take Visa, Discover or MasterCard. Unfortunately we cannot accept Money Orders or Checks for this offer.
7. If you pick a shipping service that does not include insurance or if you donâ€™t pick the insurance, we do not have any responsibility for replacement of lost or damaged or misdirected orders.
8. If you move or need to change your credit card during the program, you can log into your account and change it there. This will change all of your future FSS billings and shipments. We will also be sending you reminders to check your address and cc before each billing/shipment goes out. We are not responsible for shipments that are lost due to incorrect shipping information on file.
9. We are waiting on the final schedule from China so we donâ€™t know exactly when the first figures will ship, we â€œthinkâ€ it will be sometime in January. We will announce this as soon as we get the final schedule.
10. Some of the figures (single figures) MAY be available in the Club Store after the subscriberâ€™s figures ship. These will be at a much higher price per figure. There is no guarantee of availability of any of the figures in the club store. If you want to ensure getting these limited edition figures, you need to subscribe to the service.
Circuit from ROTF Axer/Lockdown Scourge from G2 Classics Prime Slipstream from FE Deluxe Starscream Ultra Mammoth from Beast Wars Mammoth Convoy Breakdown from Botcon G2 Breakdown Jackpot from Animated Jazz
I expect BBTS and other large online stores will each order hundreds of subscriptions so individual orders should be no problem.
I imagine Jackpot and Circuit will be the least in demand, with Slipstream and Breakdown in the middle and Ultra Mammoth and Scourge the two big draws which means they'll be the two BBTS up the price on the most to cover the cost of the harder to shift figures.
But as these will be made to order that might keep the secondary price down a little and theres always Nick to send to:)
I'm unsure if I'll get them or not. I can get them sent to someone in the US to avoid the crazy shipping and I do like most of them, but I'm not needing any that much. Circuit and Jackpot are probably my faves and should be the easiest and cheapest to get later.
For what it's worth I'd be interested in Scourge, Jackpot and Breakdown. The rest I can happily live without. Well, I can live without them all, but those three are the ones I went "Grr" at being exclusives initially.